Re: [FWDLK] More questions about 61 new yorker

Re: [FWDLK] More questions about 61 new yorker

Mike,

>From the 1960-1963 Chrysler Canada shop manual :

1. Disconnect battery ground
2. Disconnect directional signal wires at the connectors
3. Remove the directional signal switch (held to the jacket tube by two
screws).

The switch has a toggle lever in the centre of the half circle that attaches
to the steering column jacket.  There are wires that run from this switch to
the dash mounted switch.

To install a new switch :

1. Connect the directional signal switich wires at the connectors
2. Position the turn signal switch on the column tube making sure the column
jacket does not restrict switch movement and install the two attaching
screws.

 For the 1960-1962 Chryslers the steering wheel does not have to come off.

Bill
Vancouver, BC

> One thing that I've always wondered about... ...all
> info so far is on replacing the turn signal switch on
> a "normal" (column-mount) switch. This is a '61
> Chrysler, where the switch is sort of a toggle under
> the tranny buttons. Is the return cam in the same
> location it is on a car with a column-mounted switch?
>
> --- John Bartell <jrbartell@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Remove horn ring, trim and anything else that needs
> > to be removed to get at bolts holding wheel on.
> > Be sure to record where all pieces go...horn wires,
> > horn contact plate, etc...
>
> =====
> Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
> '57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
> '64 Chrysler 300-K 2dr Hardtop

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html