Re: [FWDLK] 61 new yorker help

--- rod corson <rcorson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I need some help,  I bought a 61 4dr new yorker a
> couple of months ago and I can't find an owners
> manual for it let alone a shop manual.  It needs
> some tlc to get it drivable again but I'm running
> into trouble getting that information.

Roger Howard gave you the quick solution to that. If
there are any swapmeets (other than "all-Chevy" or
something like that) coming to your area it's possible
one of the bigger literature vendors will show up. The
stuff tends to be pricy but worth its weight in gold.

> Second question, my break light lenses are broken..
> any help here would be appriciated.

This could get ugly. The red coloring in the '61
Chrysler taillight lenses faded early and NOS/good
used replacements are few and far between. (An
excellent candidate for reproduction, someone?) I saw
a pair of NOS lenses go up into the $400-$500 range on
eBay a few months back. If you find good used ones,
jump all over them! (Faded lenses can be recolored
with "transparent red" paint, available at art supply
stores. Get it in a spraycan if you can find it. Play
around with it on a clear plastic object you aren't
concerned with before attacking your lenses, you
really don't want blobs on something like this.. A
plastic soft drink bottle is a good example of
something to practice on. You may not achieve show
quality but it'll look waaaaaay better than red tape.)

> Last question,  can I get some feedback on what the
> golden lion engine package is?

That's just what Chrysler Division called its engines
that year, no more exotic than stock (but a cool name
anyway).

I wish you the best. I've always wanted a '61 NY, IMO
the '60-'62 Chrysler has the coolest instrument
cluster of all time, bar none!

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban