Re: [FWDLK] The HEMI is reborn!!!

I recently purchased a used F**d full-size van with the small (302?) V8 on the recommendation of a close friend.  Anyhow, it has automatic overdrive and only gets 16mpg on a good day.  I used to get better mileage when I had a '76 Dodge full-size van with a 318 and 3-speed automatic w/o overdrive and believe it or not, the mileage didn't noticeably vary even if I was pulling my boat or camper!  Heck, my C300 gets better mileage with the larger engine, close to the same weight, dual quads and the 2-speed automatic.

Jerry B.