[FWDLK] Distributor Slack

    Okay, the slack in the distributor is normal.  I get about an eighth of
an inch before the spring tension is felt.  The shaft end play is too minor
to worry about.  I made sure the points are set as closely as I could with a
feeler gague.  The rotor is on snug.  I pulled the first plug on the right
and left sides.  I turned the engine.  The left side plug was sparking while
the right side was not.  So far it seems the spark is inconsistent.  I'll
pull all the plugs and test them next to look for nice bright sparks.  The
problem may be with the plug wires.  The plugs have only run a few minutes
total since new.  My system is to pull a plug, attach it's wire and set it
on the engine for ground and watch for spark when the engine is turned.  Is
there a better way to check for spark?  I sure hope compression isn't the
culprit...

-Eli Collins