[FWDLK] Charging/electrtical question

I fired up the 56 Plym tonight and drove a 180 mile round trip to help
another guy swap in a master cylinder from my parts car into his 56 Plym. He
was trying to diagnose a problem before he bought a new MC, Anyway, as I
was driving my  Savoy home  around midnight, I was tired and thought I was
seeing thing, I know I didn't have too mouch to drink I only drank one beer.
but when I got home and parked in the dark, here's what's going on with my
car.

Lits are dim at idle, brighter at speed, which is normal for a car with a
generator.
But when I race the motor, the lights brighten up and while holding a steady
higher rpm, they flicker slightly, all the lights flicker. I also notice,
the my temp guage goes up and down when I race the motor and let it idle. It
moves quite a bit and I know the engine is not getting warm and cold that
fast.

I thought it might be over charging, but I checked the battery. 12.3 volts
charging at idle and 14.2 at high revs.

Any suggestions. The only other thing I can think of is to check the
engine/battery/body grounds.

Thanks,
Nick