[FWDLK] '56 Savoy parts car

So sad -- today, I finally got a good look at the '56 Savoy I had seen
months ago, only this time for more than 30 seconds (it's in a bad
neighborhood in Camden, NJ) and close up.  It's since been ravaged by
neighborhood kids.  The roof has been dented in, and the chrome bumpers that
I thought were immaculate did indeed have some crazing and rust.  The back
window is out, and all the other windows (it's a 2-door) have cracks. The
fenders have some bondo too; and the hood has some creases.  These were all
things I was interested in, so I'm ruling this car out for me.

However, on the plus side, I'm told by my friend who saw it run this summer,
that the 8-cyl runs really well (although I can't vouch for this, and the
battery is out of the car now).  It's automatic; the dash seems intact.  The
guy seems really anxious now to get it out, lest kids do any more damage.
He told me he would take $300 for it, but I bet if someone showed up with
$200 and a flatbed he would take it.

If anyone is interested, contact me privately.  Sorry, I have no pix.

        Dan, TWSAM
        '55 Savoy