[FWDLK] Intl Shipping Ideas Needed

Just a little helpful hint - when shipping mouldings in a tube it might be a good idea to fasten a "splint" to the mouldings so if the cardboard tube happens to get crunched the splint might prevent damage to the mouldings. A splint can be anything stronger than the moulding - wood, conduit, etc. Also make sure the ends are securely fastened and you have good packing inside tube to prevent movement of mouldings.  I work for FedEx and almost daily see damaged tubes come down the belt.  If you have shorter mouldings to ship (4' or under) get some FedEx tubes (no charge).  These are triangular shaped and indestructible.  Can't recall ever seeing one of these damaged.  BTW FedEx will accept domestic packages (shipped within the states) up to 119" in length, 150# max.  International packages limitations are usually 108"  in length and between 110# and 150#. Sometimes this varies depending on the country.