[FWDLK] Comments at shows

At a show or cruise night I love to sit just behind the car and listen to
the comments and watch the reactions. Young lads almost always do a double
take when they see the big hemi and wave there buddies over. Ladies
invariably notice the shift lever on the dash. Guys my age (52)  and older
seem to have had a father or a grandfather with a big Chrysler or a DeSoto.
A lot of older guys comment on the wire wheels and the wide whites. Although
the body is not modified in anyway I must confess to having flipped the
paint scheme with white on top and red on bottom and I did it in a tri stage
pearl. Everybody loves the paint, heck I love the paint. Last weekend I was
parked between a nifty 34 Ford customized pick up and a Corvette yellow 63
Impala SS and once in a while the odd turkey didn't even notice my big
St.Regis, can't figure that out. Even talked to one gent that insisted his
buddy had a Olds just like mine. Amazing, anyway he liked it and I thanked
him.
Ron Dulmage
Duvall, WA
55 New Yorker St.Regis