[FWDLK] Brake Question

I just had a quick question on brakes.  I figured bleeding the brakes will
solve this problem, but will appreciate any advice or any other possible
problems/corrections of problems.  If I sound like a complete idiot, forgive
me, its been one of those days.  So, here we go.  The problem I have is I
need to pump the brakes once before they really grab the car and slow it
down.  This isn't once after I start the car, this is once before I apply
the brakes, every time I apply the brakes.  As you can imagine, it gets
tiresome, and at times even a little scarry.  Anyway, I planned on bleeding
the brake lines to see if this helps, I haven't done so yet, but plan to.
The Master Cylinder IS full of brake fluid, it hasn't lost but maybe a drop,
if even.  If anyone has any alternate ideas, I'd appreciate it.

Garrett
57 Coronet with a history of brake problems.

PS- I would like to thank John in WI for correcting my problem.  I DID write
"I might have flaming hemorrhoids, explosive diarrhea, a lethal case of
jock-itch, and severe bladder control problems..." in response to the
bickering going on.
What I meant to write was "my car has flames shooting from the exhaust, it
has
a nitrous system, makes athletes envious, and guzzles gasoline!"
My Bad, and thanks John.