From: van Hoy [mailto:vanhilla@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2001 10:48 PM
Subject: 1958 Dodge Regal Lancer

More of Collectible Automobile Vol.10,No.2:

The 1958 1/2... top-of-the-line Regal Lancer.  Available only as a two-door
hardtop, it displayed a fourth bodyside molding treatment that deftly
outlined a tapering full-length color sweep, which ducked under the fin.
Other exterior amenities included the Custom Royal grille medallion, triad
bumper "teeth," and a unique wider chrome eyebrow molding over the
headlights (borrowed from the DeSoto Firesweep).  The interior was plush,
sporting special seat trims and ribbed door trim panels with molded-in
armrests; chrome roof rails, bows, and rear pillars; special bronze
accousti-foam headliner and padded visors; and specific bronze instrument
cluster and glovebox trim bezels.  The Regal Lancer could be ordered only in
a stunnig metallic bronze with contrasting black roof, fins, and color sweep
(or its reverse), and also in bronze and white and its reverse.  Only 1,163
were produced.

You can order this back issue.  Collectable Automobile, 7373 N. Cicero Av.,
Linclonwood, IL 60712, $6.95 plus $1.00 postage and handling.