[FWDLK] Virgil Exner Jr.'s Notre Dame Thesis Design

[FWDLK] Virgil Exner Jr.'s Notre Dame Thesis Design

Wayne Graefen asked:

"Can anyone tell me what one Exner concept car was featured in
all three of the following:

4/59 Road & Track
12/94 Collectible Automobile
4/98 Collectible Automobile

This is not a quiz; I really need to know."

And the answer is: the Simca Special, designed over a 1950 Simca
chassis, which Virgil Exner, Jr. designed as his Master's thesis
at Notre Dame.

It appears in both issues of Collectible Automobile, and, on p.
77 of the 12/94 issue, the photo caption says that the car
appeared on the cover of the 4/59 issue of Road & Track.

Dick Woodside
58 NY T&C