[FWDLK] 56 Dodge Status - Custom repair parts

[FWDLK] 56 Dodge Status - Custom repair parts

Well my 56 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer project is proceeding.
I finished removing the dozen or so little items (trunk and door
weatherstrip, assorted rubber bumpers, door locks, etc, etc, etc)
It goes to the paint stripper on Saturday (THANKS Nick!)

I spent some time last night talking with the owner of the metal shop that
will do the sheetmetal repair.
I need both rear wheel wells repaired all the way around each one. Actually
the passenger side is in pretty good shape but the drivers side is mostly
dust in the wind. He may need to make a wood form from the passenger side in
order to get the contour correct on the drivers side.
If anyone else is in need of these sections and is interested in getting
them made let me know. He usually does one-off stuff but may be willing to
make a few sets if there is any demand.

Likewise the unobtainable and elusive aluminum door sill plates can be hand
made from aluminum. Special dies would have to be hand made and  it may be
cost prohibitive for me to do just one set but again if there is interest it
may pay to have him do a few sets. Let me know if anyone is interested.

I am still looking for a paint shop, I found only 2 places, that are not big
$$$$ restoratino shops, that are even willing to talk to me.

Scott