Re: [FWDLK] '58 DeSoto Trim For Sale on E-bay/Rear Defogger

Re: [FWDLK] '58 DeSoto Trim For Sale on E-bay/Rear Defogger Questions...

Jack,

All 1958 Chrysler Corporation cars used the same rear window defroster unit,
including the switch.  And the part number for the switch is - 1779 862.

According to the parts book, the power for the unit was taken off the
ignition switch on the Plymouth, Dodge and DeSoto.  The book lists an
"Ignition Switch to Rear Window Defoster Switch Cable", which is part number
1785 972, and is 20" in length.  No listing is given for the Chrysler or
Imperial.

Bill
Vancouver, BC

>   If any one has the part number for the switch Kevin needs, Please send
it
> as I may have a switch for him.  I have a pile of switches around here.
> Thanks,
> Jack

Mopars.....I