[FWDLK] 1959 Desoto rear window defogger

[FWDLK] 1959 Desoto rear window defogger

Kevin,
About 5 years ago, a friend parted out a 1959 Desoto 2ht. There wasnt much
left when I got there, but I did give him $20 for the rear defroster set-up.
It appeared to be an original installation, but I don't really have any way
to know.
I brought it home and it has stayed in the box on the shelf ever since. I
just had a look at it.  The switch is a long, chromed toggle switch which
was mounted in a hole in the dash under the driver's side (I don't remember
if it was right or left of steering wheel, sorry). No special trim plate on
switch.

    The wiring consists of a black line with metal "lug" for bolting to a
power source (most likely the headlight switch). From the lug, the line ran
to an in-line fuse, then to the switch. A black line ran from the other
switch terminal all the way back to the defroster, where it has a
male/female socket/plug connection to the blower. The other line from the
blower just ends, so perhaps it was grounded to frame when the blower was
screwed to the package tray.
One other observation...this toggle switch is a two-position switch
(off/on). Since I never operated this system, I do not know if, but I doubt
that it is anything but a single-speed blower. Perhaps this is an
aftermarket option and therefore a simpler version of the 2-speed one Dave
discussed.
   And finally, since I have a convertible project, I do not need this unit.
It is the blower, switch, flexible duct hose, wiring, and adapter for
funneling the air thru the rear deck "slot".      It is covered with light
surface rust, and the flexible hose is deteriorated. Anybody interested at
$40 (you ship)?  I will ensure the blower works prior to its sale.
Roger