[FWDLK] Brakes on my 57 plymouth

Hi all.
I am wanting to up grade the brakes on my 57 Plymouth
to newer drums or disk.
And I want to put in a newer rear end also to make the car a little safer to drive and more reliable.
Right now when I use my brakes the peddle pulsates.
 I have turned the drums and put new shoes on the car and no change.
I also want to put on a two reservoir mastercylinder on the car any help on this would be appreciated
BOB. Hanekamp