Re: [FWDLK] 6-12 v conversion

Take a look at this site for a good explanation on how the relay works.

http://www.classictruckshop.com/clubs/earlyburbs/projects/bosch/relay.htm

I would mount the relay near the wire junction block on the drivers side of
the radiator support. (at least on the 55 and 56's)  Run a line with a fuse
from the battery to pin #30 on the relay. Ground pin #86.
Take the wires that go to the headlights off of the junction block and
attach them to pin #87.  Run a wire from the lug on the junction block where
you removed the headlight wires to pin #85 on the relay.  Pin # 87A is not
used in this application.
Now when you turn on the headlight switch pin #85 is energized tripping the
relay and completing the circuit between pins 30 and 87.
If your headlights are on seperate circuits you may need to use a seperate
relay for each one.
Hope this helps, some cars may have the junction block in a different place
or none at all I am not sure.  If you tell me what you have I will try to
help.

Hot rod Power Wheels are a little more difficult.
Scott