[FWDLK] OK, let's clean it up!]

Thank you VERY much! I HIGHLY recommend EVERYONE
get this little program, and USE it (please :-).

From: "K. Lamoreaux" <boclonka@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2000 11:11 AM
Subject: OK, let's clean it up!

For those of we who forward a lot of info, this little product kicks the
forward marks right off the text files.
The Cleaner by Steve Chin schin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://dcanet.softseek.com/Home_Family_and_Leisure/Jokes_and_Laughter/Review
_18877_index.html

Version: 1.02 Size: 159 Kb Date: January 2, 1999
Type of software: Freeware
Minimum requirements: Windows 95/98/NT.
Approx.  download time:
Less than 1min.  at 28.8 kbps

This is for those of you who distribute a lot of jokes, etc..  I got tired
of cleaning up all of the Unix reply marks ('>') and the lines that got
chopped up by multiple word-wrapping.  So, I decided to write up a really
quick application that does all of this for you.

To use it:
1) Copy the joke or list from your mail program to the clipboard as you
always do.
2) Run the Cleaner application and hit either F1 or Alt-C or click on the
Smiley Face icon.  The program pastes the joke from the clipboard, cleans up
the text, and then copies the modified text back to the clipboard.
3) From there, go back to your mail program, open a new message and paste in
the cleaned up message.

The specific changes that are made to the text are:
- Eliminates leading whitespaces and '>' characters.
- Ensures one and only one space between words and two spaces after each
period.
- Combines lines that are in the same paragraph (so that sentences will be
split up by word wrapping, instead of having a fixed width.)
- Doesn't concatenate sentences that start with numbers or bullet points.
(For numbered lists that don't end with periods...)
- If the first line is followed by a blank line, that line will be treated
as a title and will not be combined with the next text line.

Notes:
* This program is freeware.
* This is a Windows95/98/NT (Win32) only application.
* Some cleanup will probably still be required, but it should simplify
things by quite a bit.
* The text cannot be larger than 32,000 characters, but that shouldn't
really be a problem...
* This application was written using Borland C++'s ObjectWindows Library.

Well, enjoy!  If you have any suggestions, just let me know...  Feel free to
distribute this if you know anyone that might actually appreciate this
program.