Re: [FWDLK] Forward Look Cousin!?

Title: Re: [FWDLK] Forward Look Cousin!?
I have to look this up, and don't have time to now, but the Karmann Ghia profile is a direct lift from one of Exner's mid-'fifties concept cars.  The one with the Imperial taillights and pre-FliteSweep continental kit decklid.  Even the roofline's the same.  I do have to look this up.  As I understood it, someone from Volkswagen happened through Ghia as this concept car was being built, and fell in love with the look of the car.  Was it the K-310, maybe?  Whichever one it is, the profile's very much the same, the character line traveling back the bottom third of the door and hopping up and over the rear wheel.

. . . Exner was probably involved from the beginning and saw it through to completion. VW as well as other manufacturers were all looking at the Italian houses for style and vision as most american iron were no more than boxes on wheels with portholes or some doodad hanging off chunks of steel.Chrysler was one of them and went over seas to get some work done.
    I have a 55 Chrysler Winsor wagon, 2- 66 300 2drs.htp. and 3 Ghia converts. They all get along together in my garage...
John Photakis . . .