Subject: More Old Mopar Questions....
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 22:53:00 -0600
From: Poniatowski Mike-CMP057 <CMP057@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'dave.stragand@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <dave.stragand@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Dave,

        I live in the Chicago area of Illinois, and am looking for a
rebuilder to rebuild my engine in my 1958 Plymouth. I have a 318 2bbl
that I
want to convert to a dual quad setup. I have already attained a factory
1957
318 dual quad setup with original matching carbs. I have found a guy on
the
"Poly-spherical engine web site" who custom makes cam shafts for my type
of
engine & hydraulic lifter kits as well. I was wondering if you knew of
anyone that's in the Illinois area that rebuilds old Mopar engines like
this? I have talked with a few local shops, but they mostly deal with
Chevy
small blocks. And of the few people I've talked with at local car shows
that
had engines that were worked on, most of the guys spoke of places that
the
Don't recommend using! I have done several engine swaps, and am fairly
good
at doing things myself with older cars, but engine rebuilding is not one
of
the things I know. I realize that the best way to learn how is to dive
in
and do it yourself, but I don't have the money to throw away on that big
of
a mistake, and once I have it rebuilt, I want it to be done right the
first
time! Anyway I have probably taken up way too much of your time, so If
you
can once again help me it would be greatly appreciated. I am emailing
you
from my work account, but please feel free to email me at my home
account:
mikepony@xxxxxxxxxxx

I look forward to any help you can give/supply.
Thanks again,
     Mike