[FWDLK] Dumm question re taillight lenses

[FWDLK] Dumm question re taillight lenses

I need to take out my taillight lenses on the '55 DeSoto.  They're the type where the screws come from the back into the plastic.  very nice not to have the screw heads showing, but now that it's 44 years old, is there any way to take the lenses off without breaking the plastic?  I should mention that there's a little rust on the screws showing through the plastic.  The lenses are in good shape, but the bezel must be rechromed.

Watched some of my father-in-law's old home movies over Thanksgiving.  They were all going, "Look, there's Aunt Esther!" while I was saying "Look, there's a '55 Dodge Custom Royal sedan!  There's another!  Which of your relatives had those?"  Good thing I was the projectionist so that I could rewind and repeat the "important" scenes.

--Roger van Hoy, '55DeSoto, '42DeSoto, '66Plymouth, '73Duster, Washougal, WA