Re: [FWDLK] Petty Enterprises (was: 1/64th Diecast Mopars)

Re: [FWDLK] Petty Enterprises (was: 1/64th Diecast Mopars)

Phil Patterson writes: Very nice, I hope they include Lee Petty's championship
winning 1954 New Yorker, not forward look, but a very significant car none the
less.Either way, I will be keepin my eyes open at Toys R Us next time I visit
 them!
Thanks for the info!

Mike Sealey wrote:

>  ---- Robert Whitman wrote:
>
> > Racing Champions is coming out with a few more finned Mopars in 1/64th scale
> > (Hot wheels and Matchbox size).  As you may know they produce racing cars
> > and stock classics.  They currently have a '57 Fury (very nice for $4!) and
> > a '60 Fury.  They have come out with a Petty history series with most cars
> > raced/owned by Lee and Richard Petty.  These include:
> > 1953 Coronet
> > 1954 Coronet
> > 1955 300-B
> > 1956 Coronet
> > 1959 Plymouth Plaza
> > 1960 Fury
> > 1962 Plymouth Savoy
> > 1963 Plymouth Savoy
> > 1964 Belvedere
> > 1965 Barracuda
> > and almost every other Petty car raced to present.  More may be added
> > (hopefully a '57, '58, '61 Mopars, too).
>
> The Pettys had a factory deal with Oldsmobile in '57.
> GM "officially" quit direct factory support later that
> year, tho some Chevy and Pontiac teams continued to get
> GM support waaaaay under the table.  Olds simply sold
> Lee Petty their entire supply of NASCAR stuff at an
> incredibly low price, which he continued using through
> '58 and into early '59 (Lee ran a '59 Olds in the '59
> Daytona 500, but was back in a Plymouth shortly thereafter).  In fact,
 Richard's