[FWDLK] Car for Sale and Questions

Hey, list members,
The Ohio Edition of the Auto Trader for this week has a 57 Belvedere 2
dr hdtp for sale
somewhere in Western Kentucky.  It's advertised as a no rust california
"black plate" car
with V8, AT and "many extra hard-to-find parts."  From the photo it
looks like a real opportunity for someone at $2,850 OBO.  It has wide
whites in the photo and appears to be white with a dark colored trim
spear.  Tel. (502) 935-5334.

Does anyone out there with the flat head 230 in six have an opinion to
offer about the following:

My '55 Plymouth Savoy doesn't have much power and the revs really drop
after shifting into 3rd.
I know that the gasket around the fuel pump is shot, as it is leaking
oil like the Exon Valdez.  The car also tends to run a little hotter
than I am comfortable with.  I don't have a lot of money to throw at the
car right now, so I'd like to spend it in the right places.  If you were
me, would you have the fuel pump rebuilt since it has to come off the
car anyway to fix the oil leak?  Also leaking oil is the oil pump.  Same
deal.  How many things should I attack once I drop the pan.  Do the
bearings?   I had a '53 when I was in high school and it ran hot too.
My approach was to put a thermostat in that opened at a lower temp.
Seemed to work OK.  However, would replacing the water circulation tube
in the block be a more logical place to start?  I know Andy Bernbaum
carries these.   I'd welcome anyone's comments who has had similar
problems.
Thanks.
Bob McGrath
'55 Plymouth Savoy 4 dr (six, standard)