Re: [FWDLK] Wheelcover Frizbees!

Bruce,

I would generally agree with you, Forward Look wheelcovers should outfly
almost anything. That's why the cars they put them on had fins (excuse me:
"stabilizers"). But they didn't call Oldsmobiles "Rockets" for nothing. Olds
started the horsepower race in 1949 and was a serious contender until
replaced by the Mopar Hemis in 1955. Their wheelcovers were "rocket"
propelled. I think an Olds cover would be a serious contender in a
wheelcover flyoff. My 56 Olds wheelcovers even look like flying saucers.
They must have been used as a prop in at least several B grade science
fiction movies in the 50's..

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500 (and an 56 Olds)

At 02:46 PM 8/28/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Ah, but how good of a Frizbee is the '55 Olds cover?  I've tried the '61 Fury
>and '61 Newport covers, and I would think a Forward Look cover would outfly any
>GM cover of the same era....
>
>Bruce Clough

Dave