[FWDLK] WPC Nationals

I just returned from my swing thru the northwest. Had to read thru 150
email messages before writing anything about the WPC nationals in Portland.
 Some amazing cars showed up.  The ones that come to mind are: 58 Dodge CRL
conv, 2 57 Furys, including Mark Hash's just-completed one, 56 Desoto conv
and pace car conv, a rare copper brown 57 Chrysler 300C (same owner last 40
years !), 58 Dodge sweptside pickup (beautiful red and cream), 57 Desoto FF
2dr, 57 Dodge CRL D500 2dr.  My candidate for People's Choice was a 48
Chrysler T&C that was being used as a daily driver.  We're so used to
seeing expensive T&C restorations in perfect condition.  This one was a
driver in about #4 condition.  The owner had the engine rebuilt, but that's
about it.  There were pieces of wood being held on by duct tape.  The owner
had his two dogs living on the back seat.  There was even a mushroom
growing out of the wood on the driver's door !!  The owner drives the car
all over the country without problems.

I felt this meet was every bit as good as the one in Detroit two years ago,
even though the Detroit meet had over 400 cars.  The activities planned
were excellent.  It is also a beautiful part of the country.

Just my 2 cents.

Ron