Re: [FWDLK] 61 Newport - Originality Questions

Re: [FWDLK] 61 Newport - Originality Questions

To Bruce Clough:1961 Newport

I have no experience with 1961 Newports, however, if it does have the
1961 Chrysler "Golden Lion 361" valve cover decal as you  think, it is
available from Jim Osborn Reproductions for $5 each.

Jim Osborn has supplied all the engine compartment decals for my '57
Fury, and they are of excellent quality.

His details are:

101 Ridgecrest Drive,
Lawrenceville,
GA 30245,
PH. (770) 962-7556
FAX (770) 962-5881

His catalog is $5 and it covers all the makes, but I have it so if
anybody wants me to look up a decal for their car, feel free to ask.

Pat Walsh does trunk mat repro's, and if you are going that way, let me
know what they are like, as I would like to order one but they are $238
plus freight, and for that money I don't want crap.

His details are:

Pat Walsh Restorations,
39 Bartley Street,
PO Box Q,
Wakefield,
MA 01880.
Ph. (781) 246-3266
Fax (781) 224-3311

As far as the hood latch goes, I zinc plated mine and painted the
springs green, and it looks perfectamundo. This is original to the best
of my limited knowledge.

FURYiously,
Glenn, '57 Fury,
Email FURY@xxxxxxxxxx