[FWDLK] New Car Prep

I've obtained two curious items that might be of interest to anyone
restoring a '57 DeSoto or a '60 Dodge:

De Soto New Car Preparation Service Guide (4/57)

Dodge--Dodge Dart New Car Pre-Delivery Service Inspection (8/59)

These are the one-page checklists that the dealer filled out prior to
handing the keys to the new buyer.  They are not filled out.

I have three of the DeSoto guides and can send two of them (I want to
keep one) for the price of postage.  I have only one Dodge guide and I'd
like to keep it, but I am more than happy to make quality copies and send
them for the price of postage.

Email me if you're interested.

I also came across a stack of Technical Service Bulletins, mostly from
'53 to '60.  I'll post a list of them when I get a chance.  Are there
sources out there for digging up these TSBs?  Very interesting stuff!  I
have the VIN of the first car ever built with a Torque-Flite, engine
paint colors, the announcement of the 300-C, and so on.  If anyone knows
where to get more of these, please let me know!  I especially need the one
describing the '69 Six Pack cars.

And finally, can anyone tell me what the descritions C-76 and the like
mean?  Many of these TSBs reference "Model C-76" or "Model P-22".  I
assume these are certain car lines, but what do they mean?  How can I
tell what year/model it is?  Thanks in advance!

David Bell
smike@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.smike.com