Re: [FWDLK] 313, 315, 325 (AND 326)

 ---- Smike wrote:

> > On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Joe Mopar wrote:
> >>Was the early 383 a poly head wedge engine?
> >
> >No.  The only semi-hemi poly head (I think) was the 318.  Not sure, though,
 about the 313(?) 315(?) or 325.

 they used the same block regardless of head design.  They were visibly
 different from the early 318 in that the scallop pattern at the bottom of the
 valve cover was more pronounced.  I believe this was always a Dodge engine with
 the exception of '57 DeSoto Firesweeps which also used the 325.

> Other forgotten engines related to the early 318 (always gotta distinguish
 between it and the later one with the 273-style heads) are the '56-'57 Plymouth
 277, the '57 Plymouth 301, and the '59 Dodge Coronet 326.  I've been told the
 Canadian 303 (found in '56 Furys and Canadian '56 Windsors) is also of this
 family.

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com