Re: [FWDLK] Removal of 58 Desoto Steering Wheel

Re: [FWDLK] Removal of 58 Desoto Steering Wheel

The only way that I know of to remove the steering wheel is to use a
steering wheel puller (probably the tool the manual is referring to).  A
standard steering wheel puller should be sufficient, since they come with a
variety of different size bolts for different wheels.  That is what those
two threaded holes in the wheel are for.  See if you can rent one at a
local auto parts store or talk to a mechanic at a gas station about
borrowing his, or buy one.  They're only about $20 (US).  Good Luck !

----------
> From: Robert Garrow <Robert.Garrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [FWDLK] Removal of 58 Desoto Steering Wheel
> Date: Monday, June 01, 1998 5:58 PM
>
> Dear All,
>         We are having problems removing the steering wheel from our 58
Desoto
> Firesweep LS1. The reason we are doing this is because the car has its
turn
> signal stalk and column internals missing. There is currently just a hole
> in the steering column where it used to be! We have a similar one from a
59
> Desoto which we want to install.
>         We are using the 58 Desoto Service Manual, page 1 of the Manual
Steering