[FWDLK] Removal of 58 Desoto Steering Wheel

[FWDLK] Removal of 58 Desoto Steering Wheel

Dear All,
        We are having problems removing the steering wheel from our 58 Desoto
Firesweep LS1. The reason we are doing this is because the car has its turn
signal stalk and column internals missing. There is currently just a hole
in the steering column where it used to be! We have a similar one from a 59
Desoto which we want to install.
        We are using the 58 Desoto Service Manual, page 1 of the Manual Steering
section to learn how to do this job. It states that "press down on horn
ring ornament, and turn counter clockwise to remove. Disconnect horn wire
at stationary plate and horn ring. Remove horn rim mounting base attaching
screws to remove horn ring. Loosen steering wheel nut three turns. Use
puller tool C-612 (LS1 Firesweep model) to loosen steering wheel" Please
advise alternative information on how to remove steering wheel from column
spline without using this tool, as we do not have it. Any information to
solve this problem would be gratefully appreciated. Also has anyone
installed a turn signal in a similar car recently. If so we would be
interested in their experiences.

Thanks Gavin and Robbie
Surrey, England
58 Desoto Firesweep