Re: [FWDLK] 1959 DeSoto Diplomat

In Article <21060503411549@xxxxxxxxx>
<motorsport@xxxxxxxxx> (INTERNET) wrote:

> Anyone got a good Mopar-book that contains pictures and info about a
> canadian-built 1959 DeSoto Diplomat Adventurer ??

I have a "Plymouth and DeSoto Story" by Don Butler (Crestline book).
It has a picture of that car. Only 22 of these cars - 8 convertibles
and 14 2-Dr. Hardtops - were built, the first and last Adventurers
in the Diplomat line.

Are you sure, that these were built in Canada? For example, I have seen
a VIN of 60 DeSoto Diplomat and its fourth digit from left is "4", what
indicates "Dodge, Detroit". I think prior Diplomats, which were based on
Plymouths were assembled in Plymouth line.

             Mark
             FIN