[FWDLK] Gas additives-use or not to use

I used a lead additive when I got my 55 Plymouth.  It has a 6 cylinder in
it.  I would put a few ounces to a tank full of gas.  Quite easy.  Well
my engine decided  to take a brake and I had to pull it out and have it
rebuilt.  The top 2 rings broke on #6 piston broke and didn,to want to
compress any more.  When the engine rebuilder tore the engine down, I
told him to replace the valve seats with hardened seats.  After he got
into it, he found that the seats were hardened seats from the factory so
he didn't have to change them.  He did find that all the top rings were
broken.  So now were bored .030 and it runs very nice now.  That job was
done 2 years ago.  The engine had about 41,000 original miles on it.  It
now has about 47,000 on it now.  And I use high test  in it  being I
don,t drive it so much.
     On June 11 in Olean, NY the Great Race will be comming thru and
there will be a car show,  I just called for some info on it,  You may
check out the web site at ---www.greatrace.com---
 I also have some Firestone wide whites on her but I can,t remember the
width of the white walls.

Dave,  my manuel for the 55 Plymouth says 24 lbs pressure in my tires.
If you have an owners manuel or shop manuel for your 58 it should say in
there about yoour tire pressure.

Jack-----55 Plymouth Belvedere

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]