[FWDLK] Federal Mandates

I was asked by a friend when seatbelts became mandatory.  I didn't have
the answer.  Do you know?
This made me think about other federal mandates imposed on cars and what
year we see these changes.  Knowing these helps me i.d. the year a car
was made.  I can't remember them all.  I would like to know when these
(and maybe a few other) regulations came into effect.  Can anyone out
there "fill in the blanks"?

Seat belts:
back up lights:  1966?
hazard flashers:  1966?
side marker lights:  1968
Brake lights:
high beam:
center-mount brake light: 1986
turn signals:
5mph bumper (front): 1973
5mph bumper (rear): 1974
"unleaded fuel only": 1973?  (does this also signify the beginning
                                           of the catalytic converter?)
passive restraint: 1990?
Any more of note: 19??

I took a stab on a couple of them, but I am not for sure.  I have a
reputation with my non-car guy friends as a car-know-it-all, so I need
to be up on this stuff.  I need you guys (real-car-guy-know-it-alls) to
help me find out this nonsense trivia.  Please help!
-Robert
-'60 Adventurer