Re: [FWDLK] Diplomats

>IMO ->59 Dodge Kingsways and ->61 DeSoto Diplomats were made in Detroit,
>Michigan, USA for foreign markets, not in Canada. Am I right? Through
>1959 they were marketed by Chrysler Corporation Export Division, Detroit,
>Michigan, USA/Chrysler Western Hemisphere Co., Panama R.P. and 1960-61
>Diplomats were marketed as other Mopars by Chrysler International S.A.
>(Geneva, Switzerland). I think, it's an ordinary mistake, that people
>thought they were made in Canada.

 I got my information from a fellow who writes several articles on Chryslers
in Collectible Automobile Magazine. His name is Jeffrey Godshall and I
believe he worked for Chrysler in the late 50's. He wrote, and I quote "Most
of these Plodges were built in Chrysler's Tecumseh Road assembly plant in
Windsor, Canada,south of Detroit, while models designated for overseas (the
Kingsways) were usually constructed in Windsor and in Plymouth's Lynch Road
plant in Detroit."

   Todd