[FORWARDLOOK] Introduction

hello:

I just joined this list a few days ago and thought it was time to introduce
myself.  My name is Al Wilson.  I live in Murfreesboro, Tennessee and own a
1960 Plymouth Belvedere.  It's a 4 dr sedan with a 318 poly V-8.  It is
black and white with two-tone front fenders.   About the only thing notable
about this car is its' lack of options.  It has power nothing, no radio, no
windshield washers, not even an outside rearview mirror (it does have a
heater).

I bought this car in 1990 and drove it a couple of years.  It was running
poorly (had a continuous miss) and needed some brake work, so I
parked it in my barn.  Last year I decided to get it on the road again and
do some upgrades/ refurbishing.  Here are the highlights:

1. Reconditioned the heads.  The miss I had attributed to burnt valves
turned out to be two broken push rods.
2. Replaced the 2bbl intake and carb with an aftermarket 4bbl (Weiand and
Holley).
3. New master cylinder and front wheel cylinders.
4. 15X7 slotted police wheels and radial tires (boy, did this change improve
the handling).
5. Replaced cracked windshield.  Was lucky to find a good used one in a
local salvage yard.
6. New rear springs (just last week).  The old springs were sagging so bad,
the arch was reverse of what it was supposed to be.
7. Currently reconditioning the gas tank (started leaking).  Got a kit from
POR, but I'm still in the cleaning stage.  Have a new sending unit to go in
it.

I have a 1960 Plymouth web page.  The URL is:

http://www.nashville.com/~al.wilson/mopar.htm

Any other '60 Plymouth owners out there, I would welcome a picture to put on
this page.  I belong to the mopar mailing list also.

Al Wilson
moparman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx