Re: [FORWARDLOOK] Plymouth Valiant Serial #'s

At 10:54 AM 4/11/98 EDT, Virgilxnr wrote:
>      I am going to look at a 64 Valiant today with the push button tranny.
>Does anyone have info on identifying the engine?  I know its a slant 6 but I
>would prefer a 225 over a 170.  Maybe the carb would give me a clue.
>                                                            Frank

Should have a number stamped on it....near the front of the block, just
below the head, on the right side.  It might say 22 if it's a 225, and 17 if
it's a 170.  Might even have a letter first, indicating the year of the
engine, such as U for 1964.  So, you could expect to see something like U22
if it's a 64 225.

My info source is questionable, since it only goes up to 1963     :)

Jim
Jim Forbes                                    jforbes@xxxxxxxxxxxx