[FORWARDLOOK] seatbelts

I want to add my .02 to the fray-- as one of my part time jobs I am an
ambulance driver/emt. In the 12 years of doing this I have seen almost
every type of accident ie. headon, side, rear, rollover, only once have
I ever helped the mortuary boys remove a man from a seat belt and that
was a full sized Olds who hit a rock embuntment sraight on at 85.
  The car went from 18'+ to less than 14' long and the frame breaking and
coming through the floor had a lot to do with the fatality.

On a lighter note an 80 yo woman in a VW rabbit waiting to turn left was
hit from the rr quarter, flipped upside down, spun into the oncoming lane
where she was hit by a 18 wheeler, push back into her lane- hit by a school
bus, back into the oncoming lane clobbered by a 60 Dodge (whimper/whine)
and flipped back upon the wheels. When we arrived with the extraction tools
we had to cut the VW apart to get her out, she unhooked her belt pushed us
out of the way walked over to the orig guy that hit her and slapped him silly.

  To make a long story short, I won't have a car without at least a lap belt
and if someone says anything about originallity, well ITS MY CAR if you don't
like it try to buy it and remove them when you own it.
Jim