Howdy

Glad to see a list up for this early period mopars. So much coverage around
of muscle-era mopars, so little earlier.

Right now my oldest mopar is my '63 Dart, but I'm getting enamored with the
'61 Lancer GT, and lust after '61 Imperials! There's quite a bit more I'd
like to know about these cars and their place in the scheme of things. Such
as: what happened to all the pre-63 B-body Darts? They were Dodge's biggest
seller, but there are just so few of them around, even for mopars. Were
they just so peculioar looking that they became the object of scorn when
people tired of their style? I can't recall ever seeing a '61 Dart at a
show.
Also, what's the relationship between Savoy, Belvedere, and Fury? I've read
of people trying to trim a '58 Savoy to be a Christine clone- aren't they
different sized cars?
Finally, when did the letter-body nomenclature start? With the unibodies?
When the Dart became an A-body, what replaced it, the 330? I'd like to see
a complete breakdown of the different body size types and what models
filled what niches. We all know the path from Belvedere to Sport Satellite
to GTX and Roadrunner, but I'd like to know more about the earlier years.

Many thanks,

-Paul Clark
'64 Dart GT
'64 Dart wagon