Re: [FWDLK] Model:Not quite here yet.

Phil Patterson writes: AMT/Ertl is doing a snapper of the 58 Plymouth in
their Snap Fast Slammers series. Slammers are models with no interiors or
engines and black windows. The 58 Plymouth slammer is supposed to be out
his fall. It is not quite stock with a front spoiler instead of a bummer,
but as we forward lookers know, models of our cars are few and far
between. Maybe one day they will get their act together enough to finally
build a 58 Plymouth or any other finned mopar as a kit. I think they would
be surprised what kind of response they get. The few surviving models from
the fifties usually go for big bucks and it is about time either AMT or
Revell-Monogram started paying attention. Hopefully if this 58 Plymouth
slammer sells well we may see some others. It would be nice if AMT still
had any of their old molds left of the Imperials and other ones they used
to do way back then. But that is a slim hope at best. Just as long as they
don't give us yet another Camaro or something else that has been way over
done.