[FWDLK] Forwardlook List Top-Ten Results

[FWDLK] Forwardlook List Top-Ten Results

> Participation this year was excellent.  Thanks to all who voted.  This top
> ten list gives all who care, a glimpse of our automotive tastes.  Results
> are similar to last year, but with a few surprises.
>
> If you own or love these forwardlook cars: Valiant, '60-'61Lancer, '59,'61
> Chrysler, '55,'59,'60 Imperial, '61 DeSoto, '61 Dodge, '61 Plymouth, and
> you did not vote, you should be ashamed!  These did not even qualify with
> adequate vote counts.
>
> To qualify in the voting, a car must have recieved 11 or more points.  51
> cars qualified.  This garantees at least two people voted for the car.
>
> The column "POINTS" is the total tally of points accumulated by each car.
> (Remember cars that got a #1 pick on your ballot got 10 points, a #2 pick
> got 9 points,.....a #10 pick got 1 point.)
>
> The "VOTES" column is the tally of the number of you that put that car on
> your list.
>
> The "LAST YEAR" column is the rank that car got last year.  A " - " means
> it was not ranked last year.  Here is YOUR list:
>
> RANK  CAR                     POINTS          VOTES           LAST YEAR
1       '58 Plymouth            171             23              1
2       '57 Chrysler            159             23              7
3       '57 Plymouth            120             14              5
4       '57 DeSoto              85              14              -
5       '56 Plymouth            67              9               -
6       '60 Chrysler            48              9               2
7       '56 Chrysler            46              7               -
7       '59 Dodge               46              7               3
9       '60 DeSoto              43              6               19
10      '58 Chrysler            42              6               23

That's the 1999 Top-Ten list!   Here are the rest that qualified:

11      '57 Dodge               40              7               21
12      '59 Plymouth            37              6               -
13      '60 Plymouth            37              5               -
13      '48 Tucker              37              5               -
15      '55 Plymouth            36              4               -
16      '58 DeSoto              33              6               11
17      '57 Chevy               33              5               -
18      '56 Dodge               32              4               13
19      '64 Plymouth            31              7               -
20      '70 Dodge Challenger    31              4               -
21      '55 Chrysler            29              5               -
21      '60 Dodge               29              5               4
23      '70 Plymouth Superbird  29              3               7
24      '58 Imperial            24              4               -
25      '68 Dodge Charger       23              4               16
26      '55 Dodge               23              3               -
27      '61 Lincoln             21              3               -
27      '70 Plymouth Barracuda  21              3               19
29      '59 DeSoto              20              4               -
30      '53 Studebaker          19              3               -
31      '70 Dodge Superbee      18              3               21
32      '56 DeSoto              16              3               -
33      '55 DeSoto              16              2               -
34      '60 Cadillac            15              3               -
34      '58 Dodge               15              3               16
36      '55 Chevy               14              4               15
37      '57 Cadillac            14              3               -
38      '58 Buick               14              2               -
38      '70 Chevy Chevelle      14              2               -
38      '49 Hudson              14              2               -
38      '63 Plymouth Fury       14              2               -
42      '69 Ford Mustang        13              3               -
43      '57 Mercury             13              2               -
43      '57 Olds                        13              2               -
45      '62 Dodge Polara        12              2               -
45      '56 Imperial            12              2               -
45      '61 Imperial            12              2               16
45      '55 Packard             12              2               -
49      '57 Imperial            11              2               -
49      '68 Plymouth GTX        11              2               -
49      '63-'65 Avanti          11              2               -

What are your thoughts about the results?  Very few surprises at the top (in
my opinion).  I was surprised by the Tucker and '64 Plymouth.  I did not
know these were prized by Forward-lookers.  Thanks to all who participated.
If you are disappointed your favorites were not listed and you did not vote,
too bad.  You must wait until the 2000 Forwardlook top ten list, next year.
If you want me to send you the excel file with all the tallying, e-mail me
directly.  Thanks, Robert