[FWDLK] 1961 Chrysler New Yorker Conv Query

[FWDLK] 1961 Chrysler New Yorker Conv Query

Dear All,

RE: 1961 Chrysler New Yorker Convertible in black with a red and black
interior.

I was wondering if any MOPAR fans have any information on the correct
colours and material design/type as originally offered on 1961 New Yorker
convertibles.  The reason is that one has turned up for sale here in
England and I am not familiar with this models original interior
specification.  This car was restored here in the UK during 1991/2, so
there might be a few problems with authenticity, especially with the
interior!   From photographs seen of this car the door sides are black and
red with the 3 chrome motifs embosed in same/ the carpet is black/ the
convertible top is white/ the seats are in a balero red vinyl with a
textured weave in  raven black.  Sorry no VIN number details at present.
Can anyone supply an image from an original  sales brochure or any
information on what is correct with this model. I would appreciate your
thoughts. Please reply to me privately at
robert.garrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Many thanks for any help and assistance,

Gavin Garrow
58 DeSoto Firesweep 2 dr. hardtop
56 Imperial Southampton 4 dr. hardtop