[FWDLK] Engine ID:

Hello all, there seems to be some confusion about engine ID# locations, and
I think I know why.  As we all should know, there are two 383 engines - one
is a raised (RB) block, and the other is the more common lo-block.  It
looks like BOTH versions were offered in 1961 - the 4bbl's were RB's, and
the 2bbl's were not.  The 383 RB has it's ID #'s in the same place as all
other RB's, under the compressor if A/C equipped.  All the lo-blocks are on
a pad below the distributor.  Hope this may clear up some of the confusion.
Thanks, DaveG.