Re: [FWDLK] Fwd: Radio incognito

<< L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >>

Here's my idea. I bought a new CD/AM/FM player, two 6x9's and four 5 1/4 door
speakers for my girl. The plan is to mount the 6x9's in the existing mounts on
the rear shelf but from the bottom so as no to take away from the interiors
original look. The top of the shelf will be covered and through the covering
will be tiny holes in a circualr pattern to allow for sound. The 5 1/4 are
being mopunted in the doors (she's a 4dr) behind the panels. I made some
brakets out of an old Erector set and mounted those to the existing brakets in
the door. The door panels will then get the same treatment with the holes but
will be less noticable on the black material. Next, I have a small tin box
(it's origin is really unknown, but it works!) that I mounted directly above
the lower blower vents so when the lid for the vent is up, the radio is hidden
and from the side still looks somewhat factory. Havent completed itall yet,
but when I do, I'll snap some photo's if anyone wants to try the same idea.
Just my $0.02 worth...

Clay

BTW, Thanks for all the comments on the page and be ready next week for all
the new pictures I have recieved as well as the pictures of the Forward Look
in France! Thanks again everyone!