Re: [FWDLK] Exterior Paint

Ron,
Single stage is the way I would go today. Its a catalyst hardened solid color,
and its a urethane paint.
Every body shop (i.e., the painter) usually has a strong brand loyalty to one
paint manufacturer or another.  They usually look for predictability of the
product, ease of application, manufacturer's warranty participation and amount
of comebacks as deciding factors. Most of the manufacturers offer similar
good-better-best levels of product.
 The paint I used is Ditzler PPG's "Concept" single stage urethane. DuPont
also makes a similar product called "ChromaOne"
I also stay within a single company product line. Everything from the
thinners, filling primers, epoxy primers, sealers, catalyzing agents,
catalyzing thinner and topcoat all from the same company and compatible. You
hate to have a job screwed up on a technicality.
I think you''ll be impressed with the results. Small dirt specks and runs can
be sanded out and buffed, or the whole car can be buffed if you like.
The real secret to the whole thing is block sanding the primer. I stopped at
200 hours of blocking time on my black C. Probably could have done about 40
more, but I'm very happy with the factory look results.
Remember, this is supposed to be fun...
Jim