[FWDLK] 318 Valve adjust.

Thanks Guys,
I adjusted the valves on my 318 and it was a snap.  It smoothed out the idle
nicely.  By the way, I got my engine out of a wrecker and it has the only pair
of  chrome valve covers I have ever seen on a poly 318.  Has anyone else seen
these before?   What do the cost?  Is there any interest in them?   The chrome
looks silly on my ugly M37.
Third, I was wondering about some advice about beefing up one of these old
engines.   I am hoping to get about 400 horses in the 2 door of my dreams.   I
live in Denver so the 5280 ft. altitude  makes engine building more radical.  I
was wondering if anyone has pushed a 383  comfortably over 350 hp, and if they
are do-able around 400?   Would 10 to 1 pistons, a four barrel carb, and a 280
tot. dur. cam (I don't want to cam much more than this), and some good heads do
it? If I did throw this all on a bored out 383 what do you think it would turn
out hp. wise?  Would I be better off paying more and getting a 440?  Cost is of
the essence, so I figured I would ask about the 383.   Basically, what is the
cheapest road to the big 400?   Oh, almost forgot:  I need to run this on pump
gas (we have 91 octane premium).  Thanks in advance.  Feel free to e-mail me
separate.
Digest boy,
Peter Galmish
pgalmish@xxxxxxxxx