Re: [FWDLK] Paint color

The rules seem to change when you move to the more
expensive models. Since the Plymouth was the least
expensive car that Chrysler produced, they were looking
for ways to produce the car in a cost-effective manner.
They realized that if they painted all the inner trunks
and hoods the same color using recycled paint, it would
streamline operations and cut costs. As you moved to the
more expensive makes, they could take a few extra
minutes and paint the undersides of the hood to match
the body color.  Also, I believe that all Dodge wheels
were painted gray on the inside with the outer four
inches painted white.  That's how I've seen 'em,
regardless of body color.

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm