[FWDLK] Brake problems

Hello all:

My roommates and I have a 1956 Chrysler New Yorker. This is my first chance
at owning a classic car, and I'm hoping this list (great reading BTW, even
though I haven't had anything to contribute) can help with a problem we're
having with our front brakes.

I'll describe the problem like this.

1. Brakes work fine
2. One day brakes lock up on left from wheel, forward direction only.
3. Check fluids, etc. Adjust brake cams.
4. Brakes work!
5. Repeat.

We've had the whole wheel assembly apart. The drums look fine, and the shoes
are fairly new. The problem seems to occur after the car has sat for a few
days.

So what do you think? I'm looking for any pointers or ideas you might have.

Thanks a lot-
-Andrew Goodney

'56 New Yorker