[FWDLK] Distributor question

Can someone with a flat head 6 take a look at their distributor and tell me
any of the following .
a) which way the id plate is facing. Towards the top of the motor or bottom
of motor.
b) which way is the vacuum advance pointing.
c) the adjustment screw to allow you to turn the distib. The one attatched
to the distrib (not the block) Is it on top or bottom.

There's two ways to attach the bracket to the distrib.
if I attach it the way it has been attached (but looks wrong from the one
pic in the shop manual) I can't get the power steering pump to clear the
clips on the distributor.
If I attach it the other way, it brings the adjustment screw to the top and
put the clips in an ok positon I believe, but I can't sink the distributor
in far enough beacuse the adjustment bolt hits the block. I do have the
correct distrib, I checked the numbers.

Can anyone shed any light on this

Thanks,
Nick