From: David Todd <DavidTodd@xxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: September 15, 1999 2:44 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] IDLER ARM BUSHINGS

Forewardlookers
I've had my "57 Royal 325cu in, 4dr ht for about 13 years now, and
I've
got to put in another idler arm bushing. The car had 21k on it when I
bought it and now has 33k. This will be the third one that I know of
that has been replaced.

The exhaust almost touches it and it is understandable as to why it
"cooks". I guess the engineering dept. had a lot of misplaced
confidence
in their rubber supplier's r&d departmet.

I was able to get the last one from Bernbaums and it apperared to be
of
a good quality, (his lasted probably 8000 k and 10 years) but he
doesn't
know when he will have them again.

Does anyone know of another source, and is there a better way to go
than
an original replacement type. I thought I saw an advertisement quite a
while ago for an all brass bushing. Seems like it would solve the
burning problem, but lots of shock would get through to the wheel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave