Re: [FWDLK] Flathead deal: Tell me what you think

Re: [FWDLK] Flathead deal: Tell me what you think

No, you should rebuid your own!
1 Because your going back 13 years in technology which is rarely a good
idea
2 Because your not sure the engine will fit
3 Because you have no idea if of that engines history such as if it had
an inherant overheating problem or was prone to blowing head gaskets or
hard on main bearings etc while you know excactly whats wrong with yours
4 You don't know who rebuilt it. Even among licensed mechanics less than
50% can rebuild an engine completely with any success. It requires  a
special talent that frankly not everyone has.
5 You don't know when it was rebuilt for sure. It could be fresh or it
could be an old worn out rebuilt engine. Who knows?
In some 30 odd years in the engine business I have as near as I can
remember only seen abut one of these type of deals work out. The rest
have been absolute disasters and that is why I say always rebuild your
old motor if in anyway possible. You know what your trying to correct,
You know its history and you will know for sure when it was rebuilt ,
with what parts and by whom amd that's the truthhhhhhhhhh!
DOn DulmaGE