Re: [FWDLK] Brooklin Models

Mike Sealey wrote:

>  glenn barratt <FURY@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >And the clerk at Franklin Mint said that there IS a 1/25 scale 57 Fury coming
 out in September of this year!

> I'll probably be first in line locally...
>
> >What are those other ones that you refer to. Brooklins? Do they or
> >anybody else do the 57 or 58 Fury?
>
> Brooklin is an English company which does a number of interesting
> American cars.  No Furies, but nice renditions of the '55 Chrysler
> C-300, '59 300-E, '60 Polara, and others 'tho I can't think of other
> MoPars as we speak.  There is another company whose name I can't recall which
 does nice '56 DeSotos including an Adventurer and a Pacesetter convertible...

> There was a 1/25 promo, friction or both of the '58 Fury, put out by a
> company called Jo-Han Models.  This was a rarity even when new; I'm told
 Jo-Han made a large multicolored number of '58 Belvederes, and then modified
 the tool for the Fury.  I haven't seen one in years, and originals were made
 with a grade of plastic that proved prone to serious warpage, so a nice one is
 even rarer...  ...both versions were produced without interiors, but the dealer
 promos had working torsion bars...  I'm not on l-forwardlook at this account,
 but if you think others there would be interested pass it on.